Detroit, MI 48201
The offices of the Vice President for Research, Provost, and Faculty Affairs (School of Medicine) are pleased to offer this free career development seminar series for WSU faculty, chairs & directors, postdoctoral trainees & graduate students, and administrators. Seminars are free, but registration is required.
This seminar, Developing a Data Management Plan and Ensuring Secure Data Access, will take place Thursday, Jan. 16, 2014, from 1-2:30 p.m. in the Welcome Center Auditorium.
The moderator will be Diane Chugani, professor of pediatrics and radiology in the School of Medicine.
Presenters will include: David Cinabro, professor of physics and astronomy; Patrick Gossman, deputy chief information officer for Computing and Information Technology; Geoff Nathan, professor of English; Jim Van Loon, user experiences librarian and library liaison for the College of Engineering and the Department of Physics and Astronomy; and Jackie Parker, administrative director for the Adult and Pediatric Clinical Research Center and clinical and translational science.
Topic covered will include:
- What does every PI need to know about data management?
- What does the NIH expect to see in your data management plan?
- What does the NSF expect to see in your data management plan?
- How does C&IT help with data infrastructure, security and access?
- Advice to faculty on maintaining data security and access
- Online resources for data management/planning and recent case study of data sharing plan for an NIH grant application
Thank you to Media Services at University Libraries and the School of Medicine’s Biomedical Communications Services for videotaping the seminars.
We hope to see you there!