Detroit, MI 48201
TODAY'S NANO@WAYNE SEMINAR HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO THE WEATHER. IT WILL BE RESCHEDULED AT A LATER DATE!
The Office of the Vice President for Research invites you to attend a Nano@Wayne seminar on March 12 from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. in the Wertz Auditorium at Karmanos Cancer Institute. A number of Wayne State University faculty will present their research focused on cancer and nanotechnology. All are welcome, including faculty who may be interested in developing interdisciplinary research in these areas.
The speakers and their topics are as follows:
- Olivia Merkel, Pharmaceutical Science: Radioactive imaging of non-viral siRNA delivery in mice
- Matthew Allen, Chemistry: Nanoscale Lanthanide-Based Contrast Agents
- Doug Ruden, Institute of Environmental Health Sciences: Neurotoxicology of gold nano particles using human embryonic stem cells
- Anthony Shields, Oncology: Cancer Therapy and PET Imaging with Nanoparticles
- Guangzhao Mao, Chemical Engineering: Gold nanoparticles and bioreducible polymers for targeted drug and gene delivery
- Haipeng Liu, Chemical Engineering : Engineering albumin-hitchhiking vaccines for autoimmune diseases
- Christy Chow, Chemistry: Chemical synthesis of modified RNAs for targeting lymphoma
We hope many are able to join us to learn more about these exciting research programs!