Detroit, MI 48202
Hone your reading, writing and thinking skills to begin your college experience on the right foot!
Reading, Writing and Thinking in College is a two day intensive program that will strengthen students’ academic skills and preparedness for university curriculum. This summer experience introduces incoming students to the university culture and its expectations in order to best support their achievements and, ultimately, graduation. Students will learn how to build effective relationships with their instructors and take ownership of their learning while practicing the strategies that have proven most valuable to successful graduates. Students will:
• Get an early start on the Fall semester with the help of instructors and knowledgeable upper-class students;
• Understand their learning style and the study strategies that suit them best;
• Find out what college-level analytical and critical thinking skills really entail;
• Get to know campus resources like Blackboard and the WSU Libraries;
• Have fun connecting with other new students, enjoy lunch on campus and get free success swag!
Monday, August 19 and Tuesday, August 20, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
This program will help students think outside the books and outside the box. Students will develop stronger critical thinking skills and experience the process of analysis and college writing in creative and engaging ways.