The Art of Authentic Self-Promotion
This event is in the past.
Detroit, MI 48202
RSVP is closed.
Being a leader means knowing when and how to toot your own horn for the good of the institution, your team, and your own career. In this workshop, we'll discuss strategies to promote your work and that of others to shift the culture around who is valued and recognized for their work. Come for all or part of this session.
By attending this session, you will be able to:
- Describe the benefits to yourself and to others when you self-promote
- Identify strategies to engage in authentic self-promotion in a variety of work contexts (e.g., healthy vs. toxic environments, when you are the “only one” in your unit, when you’re an introvert)
- Create a script to share good news about you and your team with others
- Role play self-promotion scripts with other participants to gain confidence
- Amplify others’ self-promotion strategies
If capacity limit has been reached, please contact Jake Wilson (email@example.com) to be placed on a waiting list.