Writing for "The Conversation"
This event is in the past.
Detroit, MI 48202
RSVP is closed.
The Conversation is a non-profit organization dedicated to sharing expert news analysis by faculty members with other news organizations. The Conversation has published a number of high quality articles by WSU faculty who have shared their research expertise. Learn more about how to pitch and craft articles for this publication from a panel of WSU faculty who have published for The Conversation and an editor from The Conversation. Come for all or part of this session.
By attending this session you will be able to:
- Identify the benefits to your career of writing for The Conversation.
- Describe the working relationship between editors and faculty writers.
- Identify the types of articles that are sought by The Conversation.
- Craft and submit a pitch for The Conversation based on guidance from the panel.
- Jennifer Gomez, Assistant Professor, Meriil Palmer Skillman Institute & Psychology
- Arash Javanbakht, Assistant Professor, Psychiatry
- Alexey Petrov, Professor, Physics
- Naomi Schalit, Senior Editor, Politics + Society, The Conversation
- Sylvia Taschka, Senior Lecturer, History
If capacity limit has been reached, please contact Jake Wilson (email@example.com) to be placed on a waiting list.