How to Pitch Your Story to the Media
This event is in the past.
Detroit, MI 48226
About this Event
Want to get your story in the news, but don't know where to start? Join us for an evening with public relations professionals who will share tips and strategies to get your story told in the media.
Panelists Ron Fournier, Tatiana Grant, Brianna Neace and Colleen Robar will share best practices for sharing news about your business, nonprofit or event. Topics will include:
- The best methods for contacting media
- How many days/weeks to contact media before your event
- What to include in your press release or email outreach
- Details to share to get a journalist's attention
- What makes a topic newsworthy
- And more!
The first half will be a panel discussion led by Detroit Writing Room co-founder and Espresso Public Relations CEO Jake Serwer. The second half will be a Q&A where you can ask any question you have about pitching your story.
Early bird tickets are $30 until Dec. 31, 2020.