Fall 2020 Engineering and Computer Science Career Fair
VIRTUAL College of Engineering Career Fair - Fall 2020
Date: Friday October 2nd, 2020
Open to all students and graduates
11:00 - 3:00
REGISTRATION IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
Location: Virtual Career Fair, via Handshake
Student RSVP is required, please review time slot availability and select all that you're interested in attending.
Held each Fall, the Engineering & Computer Science Career Fair is for engineering and computer science students and alumni seeking a full-time job,internship, co-op or part-time experience in the field of engineering. This is an opportunity for you to present yourself professionally to potential employers, while showcasing your technical and business skills. The keys to a successful job fair experience are preparation and follow up.
Here is a checklist to help you get prepared:
- Review the list of participating employers through Handshake.
- Attend the virtual workshops and open hours available with ECRC Staff to help you (check Handshake or watch emails for dates/times).
- Get your resume reviewed (watch emails for dates/times) or schedule an appointment on Handshake.
- Prepare your to have a 5-10 minute conversation via video or text chat about your education and/or experience.
- Make sure you wear a suit (for video calls), and have a Word doc or PDF of your resume available.
- Don't forget to ask for an email address or a LinkedIn request during your conversation so you can follow up.
Each company has time slots available to register for, you must sign up for a time and show up at that time to chat with your employers of choice. Information about each company, including majors they're seeking, and jobs available are on Handshake.