Community Engaged Research Activities/Partnerships Town Hall - Session 1
The Office of the Vice President for Research invites the campus community to the Community Engaged Research Activities/Partnerships Town Hall - Session 1 on April 20, 2021 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. via Zoom.
The Office of the Vice President for Research is coordinating a series of Community Engaged Research Activities/Partnerships sessions to provide additional awareness of the broad range of such activities across the university.
Wayne State University embraces research and creative activities devoted to understanding and helping solve challenges and needs of the community. The university incorporates the cultural wealth of people and communities that often form partnerships, to focus on scholarly work that not only addresses critical public challenges, but also make discoveries that offer new methods, community awareness and public policy change.
The Community Research Town Hall on April 20 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. aims to showcase a number of institutes, centers and units that are engaged in research that impacts our community. The town hall offers each presenter an opportunity to provide details about their important work and their collaborative vision to increase their impact on the community. Break out rooms will follow presentations for presenters to speak in more detail about their areas, and for attendees to ask questions.
Presentations from the following areas include:
- Office of Community Engaged Research (OCeNR)
- CURES Community Engagement Core (CEC)
- Center for Behavioral Health and Justice
- Center for Health and Community Impact
- Center for Urban Studies
- Developmental Disabilities Institute
- Community Outreach and Engagement and the Office of Cancer Health Equity and Community Engagement (OCHECE)
- College of Nursing Office of Health Research
- The Healthier Urban Families Program - Merrill Palmer Skillman Institute
- Michigan Center for Urban African American Aging Research Community Core- Institute of Gerontology
The Zoom link will be sent to registrants prior to the town hall.
We hope you are able to join us for this important event!