Ten Successful and Assertive Steps for Working with Professionals
This event is in the past.
This training is designed to give you practical ideas on how to increase your own level of assertiveness when working with professionals in service to people with disabilities. This training carries 2 hours of Social Work CEUs and 2 hours QIDP. Wayne State University School of Social Work students are able to use this training towards 2 hours of field placement with preapproval from Field Instructor.
Individuals attending this training will have the opportunity to:
- Assess our current level of assertiveness
- Identify characteristics of aggressive, passive and assertive behavior
- Understand the concept of personal assertive rights
- Identify the 5 P’s of successful change
- Practice to construct and use person anchors
- Assess our problem areas of assertiveness and develop an action plan