How to launch a career in the field of resource development and fundraising
This event is in the past.
Topic: How to Launch a Career in the Field of Resource Development and Fundraising
- Detroit Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals
- Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Management
- MPA Program
- School of Education
- Irvin D. Reid Honors College
- WSU Career Services
This panel offers insights from senior and junior professionals currently working in the field of resource development and fundraising in different organizational settings. The panelists will share their personal experiences and wisdom about this specific career path with current WSU students interested in exploring this field. They will discuss a variety of possible ways of how one can plan, launch, and succeed professionally in the field of resource development.
Specific questions to be discussed by the panelists include:
- What industries and organizations employ resource development and fundraising professionals? What are the typical job titles and career growth options?
- What are the key professional qualifications and personal qualities that someone needs to have to be successful in this field?
- What educational credential and experience does one need have to successfully get a job in resource development and fundraising?
- What professional organizations support resource development specialists and how to connect with them?
Format: The panel will be held virtually via Zoom.
Date: Tuesday, September 21, 2021
Time: 5.00 pm – 6.30 pm
- Mary Barden, J.D. - Director of Philanthropy, College of Education and Irvin D. Reid Honors College, Wayne State University
- Stephen Zoski - Alumni and Donor Relations Officer, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Wayne State University
- MiVida Burrus, MBA - Director of Development, HAVEN Oakland
- Becky Dennis-Hulway, MPA - Major Gifts Officer, The Henry Ford
- Devin Rittenhouse - Advancement Officer, Corporate & Foundation Partnership, The Henry Ford
- Dr. Alisa Moldavanova – Associate Professor, Political Science and Coordinator, Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Management, Wayne State University