Empowerment Education: Person-Centered Planning & Living a Self-Determined Life
This event is in the past.
This training event is designed to address the needs of people who support people with disabilities. Person-centered planning is a process that can be used to assist people plan for their future through building of community relationships.
The training event was also designed to give participants an opportunity to delve deeper into the concepts and tools involved with living a self determined life. This module will examin e aspects of living a self determined life in greater detail by breaking down the various characteristics and elements of a self determined life.
The event was developed by the Michigan Developmental Disabilities Institute housed at Wayne State University for Direct Support Professionals who are seeking information and skills regarding self-determination and how it is applied to individuals with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities.
- Understand the definition of person-centered planning
- Understand the contributions of direct support professionals
- Identify 10 ways to contribute to the person-centered planning process starting tomorrow!
- Try 5 new person-centered planning methods within the next 3 months
- Learn about what to read & who to call for more information
- Know the Individual Budget Tools
- Be Familiar with the 3 Characteristics of Self-Determination
- Know the 5 Principles of Self-Determination
- Be able to apply the idea of Self-Determination to your own life and support it within the lives of those around you
CEUS OFFERED FOR THIS TRAINING
3 General Training HOURS CEUS Offered for this Training