Meet the Accounting Firms Virtual Career Fair - 2021
This fair is open to business students and alumni only.
The Career Planning and Placement Office is excited to invite you to Meet the Accounting Firms Virtual Career Fair. Virtual career fairs are online 'events' that allow employers and students to meet in virtual environments such as through voice calls or video chat rooms. We will be using Handshake for the virtual fair. This is a great opportunity for students to introduce themselves professionally and learn more about business. To have a successful networking experience, students should PREPARE, PREPARE, PREPARE and FOLLOW UP with employers. Below are some helpful tips for a successful experience:
- Do your homework! Research the list of expected employers on Handshake
- Make sure to check Big Interview (web-based mock interview program) to practice and improve your interviewing skills
- Have your resume reviewed by an advisor in Career Planning and Placement (CPP)
- Prepare and Practice your Elevator Pitch (30 second introduction to employers)
- Make sure to be dress in professional business attire, have a notepad, and a copy of your resume near your device. Need help? Contact CPP for assistance
- Participate in Virtual Company Presentations, Virtual Career Fair Prep Workshops and other online employer-led events to be more informed before the career fair. Check "Events" on Handshake for upcoming dates
- Send a thank you email or message via LinkedIn within 48 hours to the recruiters from the career fair
- HAVE FUN!
- It is very important that you familiarize yourself with Handshake as soon as possible. It's strongly encouraged to watch the training video by Handshake: Training: Get the Most Out of Your Virtual Fair (Webinar Recording for Students)
- Employer schedules will continue to be available even during the career fair on September 23; however, the earlier you reserve a time slot then the better chance to get a preferred time with a recruiter. Make sure to refer to the presentation, "Signing Up for Virtual Fair Sessions" on how to schedule for your 1:1 session with employers.
- Appointment time slots are limited and will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis on Handshake. Make sure to attend group rooms as well where you still get a chance to network with recruiters. Employers may have individual rooms to to meet with a small group of students at one time.
Carlos Pierre, Kimberly Swisher, and Lauren Scott