Demystifying the Career of a Nonprofit CEO
Topic: Demystifying the Career of a Nonprofit CEO
- Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Management
- MPA Program
- WSU Career Services
This panel offers insights by nonprofit CEOs from a variety of policy fields and areas of activity. The panelists will share their personal experiences and wisdom about this specific career path with current WSU students and others interested in exploring the field and this type of career. The distinguished CEOs will discuss a variety of possible ways of how one can plan, start, and succeed professionally in the career of a nonprofit CEO.
Specific questions to be discussed by the panelists include:
- What types of professionals choose this career path?
- What steps does one need to take to become a nonprofit CEO?
- What does a typical working day look like for a nonprofit CEO?
- What do nonprofit CEOs find the most rewarding and/or challenging about their jobs?
- What are the key professional qualifications and personal qualities that one needs to have to be successful in this field?
- What education, experience and skills does one need to have to successfully pursue this career?
Format: The panel will be held virtually via Zoom.
Date: Tuesday, October 12, 2021
Time: 5.30 pm – 7.00 pm
- Joan Budden - Past President and CEO at Priority Health, Michigan.
- Joshua Elling - Chief Executive Officer at Jefferson East, Inc., Michigan.
- Kamilia Landrum - Executive Director at the Detroit Branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, Michigan.
- Timothy Pylate - Executive Director at Armnand Bayou Nature Center, Texas.
- Alisa Moldavanova – Associate Professor, Political Science and Coordinator, Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Management, Wayne State University