Research supported practices for the Assessment and Treatment of Child Psychological Trauma
The Wayne State University School of Social Work invites faculty, staff, students, alumni, and community members to join us for Research supported practices for the Assessment and Treatment of Child Psychological Trauma, a 3 hour interactive training led by WSU College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Professor of Psychology Douglas Barnett, PhD, LP. Attendees will receive research supported information about definitions and concepts of child psychological trauma and its correlates as well as information about screening and assessing trauma as well as information for research supported brief and comprehensive trauma treatments.
After completing this training, attendees will be able to describe and act upon:
- The basic theory and knowledge about child psychological trauma
- Basic practices for assessing child psychological trauma and providing feedback to children
- Basic practices to assist children in recovering from psychological trauma
Space is limited. RSVP's are required by February 6, 2023.
Continuing Education: Pre-registration for CE's is requested via the RSVP form. All attendees seeking CE's must sign-in at the event and stay for the full duration. Attendees will receive a post-test and/or evaluation at the conclusion of the training. CE certificates will be emailed to attendees who have passed the post-test within 14 business days, or for psychologists, made available at submission of the post-training evaluation.
- Three (3) Social Work CE's are available for attendees for free. This lecture has been approved by the MI Social Work Continuing Education Collaborative under CE Approval #: MICEC-0058. For details visit the Social Work Office of Continuing Education Events page. For questions regarding Social Work CE's email email@example.com or call 313-577-9348.
- Three (3) Psychology CE's are available to attendees for free. The Wayne State University Department of Psychology is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Wayne State University Department of Psychology maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Please direct questions about continuing education to Dr. Mark Lumley at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsor: This training is supported by the HRSA funded Trauma Informed Integrated Healthcare-the Behavioral Health Workforce Education and Training Grant (BHWET), which works to increase the comprehensiveness of patient care, especially in medically underserved communities and the SAMHSA funded Opioid Workforce Expansion Program (OWEP), which trains social workers, psychologists, nurse practitioners and medical residents to address the current national opioid and substance use crisis by advancing the clinical practice with emphasis on populations at risk for developing or who have developed a recognized opioid or substance abuse disorder.