WSU Career Services Mock Interview Program
Career Services Mock Interview Program for the Winter Semester runs the week of January 23 thru April 7.
A mock interview is a practice job interview with a professional that mirrors an actual interview with a company. It is a simulation of a real job interview, allowing students to practice for an interview and receive feedback on interviewing skills.
A mock interview helps you learn how to answer difficult questions, develop interview strategies, improve your communication skills, and reduce your stress before an actual job interview. When you review your mock interview with the professional interviewer, you can modify your responses and interview behavior, if necessary, to become more successful. This virtual mock interview program allows students to participate in mock interviews with our employer volunteer partners.
- All sign-ups for the Career Services Virtual Mock Interview Program on done on Handshake.
- Sign-up begins 2 weeks prior to each mock interview date.
- Each mock Interview session is 45 minutes per person and includes a practice interview and a resume review with a recruiting professional.
- Wayne State University students and alums may participate in the program (must have a Handshake account).
- Connect with the recruiting professional, on the day and time you choose, via the link provided when you select your mock interview time on Handshake.
View Mock Interview dates
- Log into your Handshake account with your WSU Access ID and password/email. You must post a resume in your account to participate and to have it reviewed.
- Click your account icon in the upper-right corner of the screen, then click My Meetings from the dropdown in the menu.
- The page will default to Employer meetings – click the On-Campus Interviews tab in the upper-left corner of the page.
- A list of any available interviews and mock interviews will appear.
Steps to Sign-up
- Review the list of companies marked with WSU Career Services Virtual Mock Interview Program.
- Note the Interview Dates and the Application Deadlines (the sign-up deadline).
- Identify an interview date that works best with your schedule and click on the company name.
- Under Related Job, click on Career Services Virtual Mock Interview Program.
- Click on Quick Apply and then Submit Application.
- Handshake will send you an email with a link to select a mock interview time slot for your chosen date.
- Once you select your time slot, a meeting link will appear. Mark your calendar with the day, time, and meeting link to participate in the mock interview.
NOTE: On the day and time you selected, use the meeting link to connect with the recruiting professional and begin your practice interview. If you don't see a time slot that works with your schedule, go back into the interview list and select a different date.
View employer volunteer partners here.