Damon J. Keith Pre-Law Summer Institute
This event is in the past.
The four-week summer program, which is free to all participants, is open to rising juniors and seniors who are pursuing an undergraduate degree at any institution. Sophomores participating in a 3+3 program at Wayne State or Oakland University are also eligible to apply. Applicants must have graduated from a Detroit Public Schools Community District Public High School or be residents of the city of Detroit.
Benefits of participation include:
- Full LSAT test preparation program provided by The Princeton Review
- $500 stipend awarded upon successful completion of the program to cover LSAT registration expenses
- Opportunities to connect with mentors in the Detroit legal community and with current Wayne Law students
- Visits to local law firms, federal, state, and local courts, public interest firms and organizations
- Instructional sessions presented by Wayne Law faculty and staff on topics such as: legal writing, academic success, financial literacy, professionalism, and the law school application and admissions process
- Team-building and social events