Empowerment Education: Conflict Resolution
This event is in the past.
The Michigan Empowerment Education Training Initiative is a curriculum that was developed by the Michigan Developmental Disabilities Institute (MI-DDI) to address the training needs of Direct Support Professionals (DSPs), service providers, and people with disabilities. For more information about the Empowerment Education Project, please visit: https://ddi.wayne.edu/eetraining.
This training is designed to help you understand what causes conflict and learn ways you can respond to conflict in a constructive manner. This training carries 2 hours of Social Work CEUs and 2 hours QIDP.
Individuals attending this training will have the opportunity to:
• Learn about attitude and self-image
• Learn how to achieve control through self-talk
• Understand conflict and criticism
• Learn how to control emotions
• Learn how to resolve conflict
- Direct Support Professionals
- Professionals working with Individuals with I/DD
- Peer Mentors
- Individuals receiving services
To attend this webinar all participants must register. The deadline to register is Thursday, February 11th, 2021. Once you have registered, a pre-test with the link to the presentation will be sent to you.