Heart Walk 2021
This event is in the past.
It’s time to join a virtual Warrior Heart Walk team!
It’s that time of year again! Wayne State University is gearing up to support the American Heart Association’s 2021 Heart Walk. This year the walk will be virtual, and we have a number of fun heart smart activities planned leading up to the walk!
The Heart Walk will take place on Saturday, May 15 – you pick the time and the place! Along with the virtual walk, here are some additional ways you can participate!
- Participate in Wayne State’s Warrior Pets for Heart competition! How?
- Submit a photo of your pet via email to firstname.lastname@example.org between now and May 7. (Please put "Warrior Pets for Heart" in the subject line, and include the name of your pet and the department and school/college/division you are from in the body of your email.) All photos will be posted to a website, and voting will be held May 10 – 14. The top two pets with the most votes who have contributed a minimum of $10 to the AHA will win a $50 gift card to the pet store, Corridog, located on Cass Avenue! Instructions for voting will be emailed out prior to May 10.
- To be eligible for a prize, please mail a $10 tax-deductible check donation made out to American Heart Association to: Dr. Antonio Yancey, C/O Office of the Vice President for Research, Wayne State University, 6135 Woodward Ave., Detroit, MI 48202. Mailed checks must be postmarked by May 10 to be eligible to receive a prize!
- Lace up your shoes and Move More! Win prizes for the most minutes walked! Here’s how it works:
- Download or update your Heart Walk app on your cell phone and get registered to walk on your favorite WSU team!
- Between today and May 15, log the minutes that you walk each day through the Heart Walk app.
- The top 10 Wayne State University walkers with the most minutes logged will win a gift certificate to one of the following: The Whitney; Shangra La; Seva; Savant; La Palma; Bakersfield; Avalon (on Willis); and Avalon (on Woodward). There are 10 chances to win a gift certificate to local restaurants, so start tracking your walking minutes today!
- Need help downloading the app? Email email@example.com for instructions!
Join a team today! Start walking! Show off your Warrior Pet! There are lots of fun ways to support this year’s American Heart Association’s Heart Walk and promote healthy hearts!
Register for one of our Wayne State University teams today!
If you have any questions, please reach out to Julie O’Connor, director of research communications at firstname.lastname@example.org, or to our American Heart Association representative. Chris Rettich at Chris.Rettich@heart.org. Thank you for your participation in and support of this important event.
With heart and gratitude,
Phillip Levy, M.D.
Wayne State University Heart Walk Chair