Please join us for the Lear Open Innovation Challenge Informational Session on Thursday, March 9th from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m Prof. Ethan Eagle will give a brief overview of the challenge and answer questions.
The Lear Open Innovation Challenge - Applications due March 9th at 8 p.m.
When you attend, you will join an interdisciplinary team of engineers and business entrepreneurs from 3 different universities (University of Michigan Ann Arbor, University of Michigan Dearborn, and Wayne State University) for a tournament-style competition. You’ll kick off with a two-day Innovation ‘Jumpstart’ Workshop on March 18th and 19th and pitch on April 1st with your solution pitch to Lear executives and venture capitalists (VCs) in Downtown Detroit at the Lear Innovation Center. The Innovatrium, an innovation consulting firm, will facilitate the tournament and provide your training.
The Jumpstart Workshop and two-week sprint gives you:
- Training to use the Innovatrium’s accelerated innovation process
- Participate in creating ideas for the future of mobility and vehicle connectivity
- Practice sales and ‘pitching’ skills
- Access to Innovation coaches as well as Lear technology development experts to support your team’s success
- Learn how to develop a solution to advance technology and manufacturing for one of Detroit’s core organizations
- Connections with faculty at Wayne State, UM-Dearborn and UM-Ann Arbor
- Create a new solution to better an organization
- An exclusive tour of Lear’s headquarters
- Network with top VCs in Detroit
- Best of all, be a part of what’s happening in Detroit alongside LEAR CEO Matt Simoncini!
Besides these amazing experiences, as a member of the top team, you earn cash and non-cash prizes from various sponsors. These sponsors will attend the Shark Tank Pitch and become mentors for the winning teams.
The winning team(s) will be offered an opportunity to continue to incubate LEAR innovation projects as Lear innovation fellows! The teams will be able to take their ideas into a rapid prototyping phase (Summer) and even beyond (Fall).
Applicants should fill out this form. Don’t wait! Apply by (3/9 at 8:00 pm). Those selected to participate will be notified on 3/13.
Please send any questions to email@example.com.
For more information, see http://www.innovatrium.org/lear