Winter 2020 Engineering and Computer Science Career Fair
This event is in the past.
Detroit, MI 48202
College of Engineering Career Fair - Winter 2020
Date: Thursday, January 30, 2020
EARLY ACCESS Time: 11:00 a.m - 12:00 p.m. (only open to active engineering student organization members with a ticket*)
OPEN TO ALL STUDENTS: 12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Location: WSU Student Center, 2nd Floor (Ballroom)
Student RSVP is not required, please check-in once you arrive at the career fair.
If at all possible please remember to leave your backpacks and roll-bags at home or in your car for this event.
Held each winter, the Engineering & Computer Science Career Fair is for engineering and computer science students and alumni seeking a full-time job,internship, co-op or part-time experience in the field of engineering. This is an opportunity for you to present yourself professionally in person to a potential employer, while showcasing your communication skills. The keys to a successful job fair experience are preparation and follow up.
Here is a checklist to help you get prepared:
- Research the list of participating employers through Handshake
- Attend the Preparing for the Job & Internship Fair Seminar (watch emails for dates/times)
- Get your resume reviewed (watch emails for dates/times)
- Prepare your 30 second introduction
- Make sure you have a suit, padfolio, and copies of your resume!
- Don't forget to ask for business cards at the job fair so you can follow up with thank-you notes.
A list of companies (including majors they're seeking) is on Handshake to help you prepare for the event.
*Students in student organizations need to speak with their org leaders to gain "Early Bird Access" passes.