Join us for a virtual ribbon cutting to celebrate the STEM Innovation Learning Center
This event is in the past.
RSVP is closed.
Don't miss this chance to be a part of WSU’s 1st Virtual Ribbon Cutting!
Join us for a historical moment as we commemorate the
completion of construction of the STEM Innovation Learning Center (SILC)
on Thursday, October 1, 2020
Wayne State University will be celebrating with a series of mini pop-up
virtual events throughout the day, complete with live remarks from
WSU VIPs, government and community leaders,
a 3D building tour, drone fly-over, and more.
Click on this link https://www.wayne.edu/live every hour on the 15's
from 9:15 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. to be a part of this historic occasion!
Schedule of Events
*This is event is a series of 15-minute segments that will run throughout the day
- Opening Remarks - Dr. Tonya Matthews, Director STEM Innovation Learning Center and Associate Provost for Inclusive Workforce Development
- Laurie Lauzon Clabo, Interim Provost and Sr. Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Drone Flyover Video of the STEM Innovation Learning Center
- M. Roy Wilson, President, Wayne State University
- Premier of 3D Virtual Tour of the STEM Innovation Learning Center
- Marilyn Kelly, Chair, WSU Board of Governors
- Dr. Jeffrey Potoff, Interim Chair, Prof. of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, and Dr. Brian R. Smith, Tuskegee Airmen National Museum, President and Treasurer talk
Past, Present, Future of STEM workforce training
- Ashley Flintoff, Director, WSU Planning and Space Management shares
"How We Built It"
- Virtual Ribbon Cutting begins
- Gretchen Whitmer, Governor, State of Michigan
- 3D Virtual Tour of the STEM Innovation Learning Center
- Theresa Ramirez-Zipser, STEM Engagement Coordinator, K12 Partner Perspectives.
Showcases conversations with leaders of DAPCEP, FIRST in Michigan, and the Michigan Science Center
- Virtual Ribbon Cutting continues
- Jacqueline Mack, WSU Student, Civil Engineering, College of Engineering and Sydni Elebra, WSU Student, Chemistry, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Student Perspectives on the new STEM Innovation Learning Center.
- Virtual Key Hand Off and Ribbon Cutting Video
3:30 p.m Event Concludes