Virtual College of Engineering Career Fair: Fall 2021
This event is in the past.
Student RSVP is required, please review time slot availability and select all that you're interested in attending.
Held each Fall, the Engineering & Computer Science Career Fair is for engineering and computer science students and alumni seeking a full-time job, internship, co-op or part-time experience in the field of engineering. This is an opportunity for you to present yourself professionally to potential employers, while showcasing your technical and business skills. The keys to a successful job fair experience are preparation and follow up.
Here is a checklist to help you get prepared:
- Review the list of participating employers through Handshake - sign up for each one you want to talk to.
- Upload your resume and feature it/make it visible on your profile
- Attend the virtual workshops and open hours available with ECRC Staff to help you (check Handshake or watch emails for dates/times).
- Get your resume reviewed (watch emails for dates/times) or schedule an appointment on Handshake.
- Prepare your to have a 5-10 minute conversation via video or text chat about your education and/or experience.
- Make sure you wear a suit (for video calls), and
- Don't forget to ask for an email address or a LinkedIn request during your conversation so you can follow up.
Each company has time slots available to register for, you must sign up for a time and show up at that time to chat with your employers of choice. Information about each company, including majors they're seeking, and jobs available are on Handshake or their company website.