Innovation Corps (I-Corps) outreach specialist for the Great Lakes Region Hub
This event is in the past.
Detroit, MI 48202
Dr. Rathindra (Babu) DasGupta
Programs to boost innovation, entrepreneurship, and help start new science-based ventures currently exist in many public and private institutions. A common theme among these programs is “customer discovery”. This is considered a customer-centric, scientific process that puts evidence behind an assumed product-market fit.
If you are a researcher interested in translating your cutting-edge research into commercial success, or learning more your technology’s industry, our Jumpstart I-Corps programs can help you extend your focus from the laboratory to the marketplace. In these programs, we teach the Lean LaunchPad approach (also called Lean Startup), a process to help you systematically test (validate/invalidate) key assumptions about your technology and the customer problems it might be able to solve. We test these assumptions by talking to potential customers (real people), partners and competitors.
Participating in these programs can help you:
- Gain valuable market insight to inform the next steps in your research and/or technology development
- Become eligible for the NSF I-Corps National Teams program and $50,000 grant for qualifying technologies and teams
- Gain valuable insights that can help you apply for future commercialization funding and grants (STTR/SBIR)
- Develop network connections and receive mentoring from experienced industry experts and entrepreneurs
- Develop the entrepreneurial mindset and toolset needed for a career in academia, industry, startups, or government.
2145 Engineering (ME Conference Room)