Detroit, MI 48202
Applicants are required to pay a $300 commitment deposit to the Law School. Please note that this seat deposit is non-refundable but will be credited to your first year semester if you attend Wayne Law. Please click on the RSVP button to review the seat deposit payment options, or see below.
Wayne Law offers the option of seat deposit payment online. With this online service you can submit your deposit with a credit card or an electronic check.
Credit card payments are accepted and processed by CashNet Smartpay. CashNet Smartpay is a third-party payment processor operating under an agreement with Wayne State University to process electronic credit card payments on your behalf. A convenience fee of 2.9% of the payment is charged for using this service. Credit card payments are posted to your account immediately. American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa are accepted.
Internet ACH provides free electronic check payment. Internet ACH payments are posted to your account immediately. Only checks from regular checking accounts at U.S. domestic banks (including most credit unions) may be used for electronic check payments.
The option of paying with a paper check or money order is available. Please use the attached form to submit a paper check or money order.
To make a Law School deposit payment online:
- Logon to academica.wayne.edu, and sign in using your Access ID and password.
- Click on the "Student Resources" link on the left side of the page.
- Click "Online Payments" under the Student Resources option on the left side of the screen and click "Make an online payment".
- Select "Law School Admission Seat Deposits" under "Categories" and enter the amount of the payment you are making. (The first seat deposit is $300, and the second deposit is $200. If you are paying the entire deposit at once, enter $500. Refer to your acceptance letter for seat deposit due dates.)
- Click "Add to shopping cart".
- Click "Checkout".
- Select a method of payment and enter the requested information to complete your transaction.
If you have any questions, contact the Admissions Office at (313) 577-3937 or email@example.com.