2nd Annual Big Data & Analytics Ecosystem Town Hall Meeting
This event is in the past.
Detroit, MI 48201
RSVP is closed.
Please join Provost Keith Whitfield for our 2nd annual town hall meeting discussing the AI, Big Data, & Analytics Ecosystem at Wayne State. Starting at 3 p.m. on Monday, November 4th at Lear Auditorium in the Mike Ilitch School of Business, we will discuss our progress and your needs in this fast-growing field.
In a recent report, McKinsey Global Institute predicted that analytics mindset coupled with the capability to harvest, mine, and exploit insights from ever-growing data streams will facilitate new waves of innovation, entrepreneurship, productivity growth, and consumer surplus across all sectors. This digital revolution is just as relevant for academia, whether it be for pursuing research, training next-generation workforce through cutting-edge academic programs, and even the administration of the university itself. This digital revolution is impacting and reshaping all disciplines and efforts across the university, whether one is in medicine, physical sciences, engineering, business, the humanities, or even social sciences. Given this backdrop, how do we ensure that WSU stays ahead of the curve? Ask yourself:
- Are you getting the most out of your current and past research data?
- Do you have easy access to the data sources and the computation, storage and analytical resources you need?
- Is the volume and variety of your data posing challenges to analyze and maintain?
- Are your research data stored safely? Do you have backups?
- Are you aware of modern big data tools and platforms for managing your data and getting the most information and insights from it?
- Are you developing effective data management plans and following through making research data available along with your publications?
- Are you able to share data with other researchers and collaborate across research networks?
- Can your students judge the quality of data analyses presented to them?
- What data and analytics training do our graduates need to be effective in their research and academic pursuits in today’s fast-changing digital world?
With leadership by Dr. Ratna Babu Chinnam and Dr. Patrick Gossman, we are launching a Big Data Analytics Initiative. The goal is to work together with you and others across the campus to pull together resources that are already here and augment them where necessary to support education, scholarship and research.
Come and learn what WSU has to offer already and what is under development. Share your input. Hear from some of our academic colleagues on their pursuits and success. The program will start with short talks from some select colleagues and then they will conduct an open discussion followed by a reception.
Please RSVP confirming your participation by October 29th. If you are interested but have a schedule conflict, complete the RSVP and let us know so we can get an estimate of faculty and students interested in this area.
Parking information can be found here: https://ilitchbusiness.wayne.edu/about/parking.php