Parenthood on the ESS/Tenure-Track
This event is in the past.
Detroit, MI 48202
RSVP is closed.
This two-part session includes an overview of legal and contractual issues in preparing for parenthood. The first hour includes discussion of FMLA and "modified duties" as laid out in the WSU-AAUP contract. The second hour includes a panel and interactive discussion with faculty and staff who will share the everyday challenges and rewards of parenting on the tenure-track. Come for one or both parts of this session. This seminar is co-sponsored with Office for Teaching and Learning.
By attending this session, you will be able to:
1) Identify your legal and contractual rights with regard to parental and family leave
2) Employ strategies to navigate work-family challenges both before and after the arrival of a child
3) Build your network of faculty and staff who have successfully navigated this personal and career transition
- Krista Brumley, Associate Professor, Sociology
- Sarah Doyle, Academic Advisor III, Social Work
- Michelle Fecteau, Executive Director, AAUP-AFT 6075
- Cherise Frost, Academic Advisor III, Student Disability Services
- Lars Johnson, Assistant Professor, Psychology
- Rebecca Russell, Academic Advisor III, Biological Sciences
If capacity limit has been reached, please contact Jake Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be placed on a waiting list.