FREE CEs: Demystifying Dementia Behaviors
This event is in the past.
The Institute of Gerotology is please to present:
Demystifying Dementia Behaviors
Wednesday, Aug 12, 2020< 8:30 - 10:00 am
Free Virtual Presentation
Attend our Continuing Education event via Zoom and earn 1.5 Contact Hours Nursing or CEUs Social Work. It’s our new format with the same excellent quality. To link to your certificate, you must complete the post-event evaluation.
Andi Chapman, RN, CDP, CADDCT, IOG Speaker Bureau
1. Recognize the role that your words and actions play in the behavior and responses of people with dementia
2. Describe some of the critical factors for optimizing positive interactions
3. Identify techniques that improve the potential for successful communication
4. Demonstrate use of positive communication strategies in an interaction
5. Discuss key reasons why emotional distress is common among people living with dementia and those around them
6.Describe the techniques of positive physical approach, empathy, supportive communication, validation, redirection, distraction, and meaningful activity.
7. Identify the progression of the disease and typical behaviors to identify and develop appropriate and effective activities for people with dementia.
Questions? Contact:email@example.com or 313-664-2605