Curriculum & Instruction Day
This event is in the past.
RSVP is closed.
Teaching at the School of Social Work requires attention to the environment in which our students learn (implicit curriculum). As we start an academic year like no other, we will consider the policies and procedures that support students and faculty in the educational process. We will hear from Wayne State University staff who are responsible for the policies and procedures that help ensure the observance of the legal rights of students and faculty in the areas of student care and conduct, disabilities services, and equal opportunity.
- 3:00 - 3:10 pm: Welcome–Dean Sheryl Kubiak and Associate Dean for Faculty and Academic Affairs Debra Patterson
- 3:10 - 3:20 pm: Introduction of Speakers and Overview of Presentations – Joy Ernst
- 3:20 - 4:05 pm: Panel Discussion: Student and Faculty Rights and Responsibilities
- Nikolina Camaj, Dean of Students Office
- Kelly Dormer, Student Disabilities Services
- Tommy Martin, Office of Equal Opportunity
- 4:05 - 4:20 pm: Questions and Answers
- 4:20 - 4:30 pm: Wrap Up and Evaluation
We request that you RSVP for this event by no later than September 20, 2020.