Dominion Energy’s Careers in Energy Student Diversity Conference
This event is in the past.
Wednesday, October 7th 2020 - Friday, October 9th 202010:00 am - 2:00 pm
Hosted by Dominion EnergyOrganized by Noelle Wolfe
The energy to love your life and your career. Apply Now! What is the Dominion Energy Careers in Energy Student Diversity Student Conference? About the Conference:
• Virtual Conference - Wed, October 7th -Fri, Oct 9th, 2020
• Learn about careers in energy and Dominion Energy (Fortune 200 company)
• Guaranteed interviews - Summer 2021 – Full Time paid internship • Hired interns may be eligible to apply for a $5,000 scholarship
• Hear from executive leaders on the future of the energy sector
Who Can Apply?
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
• Women and/or minorities
• Current college freshmen, sophomores, and juniors
• Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA
• Preferred majors: business, engineering, information technology, liberal arts, math, science, technology, and trades. All majors will be considered
How to Apply
Each applicant’s submission must include:
• Contact information
• Permanent address
• Cumulative GPA
• Anticipated graduation date
• Two or three extracurricular activities
Respond to the following question with a 200-word essay:
• Tell us about a time when diversity improved the effectiveness of a team that you were on.
Applications are being reviewed regularly and limited seats are available.
Deadline to apply is August 31, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EST
Selected candidates will be notified no later than mid-September 2020.
Who is Dominion Energy?
Dominion Energy operates in 20 states, from Connecticut to Georgia to California, offering clean, safe, reliable, and affordable energy to more than 7 million customers.
Headquartered in Richmond, VA, we invest in the communities where we live and work, and protect our natural resources. Our vision is to build a clean and sustainable energy future.
Delivering Clean, Reliable, Affordable Energy We're committed to achieving net zero emissions by 2050 while continuing to deliver clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Protecting the Environment We're committed to complying fully with our environmental justice policy, and to protection natural resources and endangered species.
Serving Our Customers and Communities We've made a $130 million commitment to help customers in need save energy through 2028, logged 131,000 hours of volunteer time, and are undertaking the largest deployment of electric school buses in the country.
Empowering Our People We're developing a diverse and skilled workforce. One in five new hire is a veteran, diverse hiring is on the rise, and we're offering skills, and safety and ethics compliance training.
Creating Shareholder Value We're focusing on a five-year, $26-billion growth capital plan by investing in new technology and growing our investments in solar, wind, and renewable natural gas.
Please visit DominionEnergy.com to learn more.