Writing Research Statements
This event is in the past.
RSVP is closed.
A key aspect of scientific research is the ability to clearly and succinctly summarize your research and its significance to others. This event will show you how to compose research statements that will help with job applications, grants, manuscripts, or when simply telling someone about the work you do. Different types of research statements consists of similar components that, once learned and optimized, will apply to any scientific purpose.
After attending this event, attendees will be able to:
- Explain the role of research statements in job applications
- Identify the essential components of a research statement
- Apply professional writing techniques
- Compose strong professional research statements
- Critically examine and compare research statements to understand how they may be evaluated by potential reviewers
Speaker: Peter Huffman, Department of Physics and Astronomy