Happy National Careers Week!
This event is in the past.
Get ready for your career!
National Careers Week celebrates the careers of students this week. Congratulations on how far you have come, the skills you have mastered, and the decisions and choices that have brought you to this stage of your life! Why not use this week to take that next step toward your career dreams?
Career success today requires proactive career planning. It is unfortunate that research continues to convey that most people do not enjoy their work. Career knowledge and awareness are the best strategies to avoid being that statistic. Start your professional preparation by attending these interactive Career Planning Workshops:
What Can I Do With My Major? - Explore how career interests relate to academic options!
Exploring Career Interests – Find enjoyable, meaningful and financially rewarding career opportunities!
Next Steps (Career Action Plan) - Discover 5 things you need to prepare yourself for success!
- Share your career interests with your Academic Advisor and Career Counselor
- Research which industry you would like to work in (as cataloged by the U.S. Department of Labor)
- Write your goals down and schedule action items to achieve your objectives
- Conduct an informational interview with a professional in your field of interest
- Develop your professional brand with a personal mission statement
Want to know more? Do you have questions or are feeling stuck with your career planning? Email Nannette McCleary, Career Services Career Planning Counselor to schedule a personal consultation.