Human Trafficking: Myths vs. Reality
This event is in the past.
RSVP is closed.
The Wayne State School of Social Work and the School of Medicine's Office of Faculty Affairs and Professional Development invite you to join us for this session.
Attendees will learn how to implement a trauma-informed, rights-based approach to the initial medical evaluation and participate in a discussion with keynote speaker Dena Nazer, M.D., F.A.A.P. on ways in which health professionals may contribute to a multidisciplinary response to human trafficking. Attendees will leave better educated on different aspects of human trafficking and will be able to prevent, identify, and obtain resources for victims.
This event is free to attend and all are welcome. Those who are not recieving a social work CE will recieve a certificate of particpation after the event. All attendeess must sign-in via the link posted in the Zoom chat at the start of the event.
Those seeking one social work CE for a cost of $10 must:
- Before the Event: RSVP to attend via the button above (you will receive the Zoom link via email after this step)
- Day of the Event: Log in to Zoom via the app and sign-in via the attendance link posted during the event to the chatbox
- After the Event: Check your email, complete the online post-event quiz, then pay the $10.00 fee to earn your 1 CE. Once completed you will receive your online CE certificate in 10-14 business days
Social workers can also earn an additional 1 CE for $20 via our online Human Trafficking Online Course
Presented by the Wayne County Medical Society of Southeast Michigan, this online course defines human trafficking, assists learners in understanding social work responses for victims of human trafficking and defines the traumatic effects of human trafficking on victims. This online course can be completed anytime, anywhere. To complete:
- Step 1: View the course presentation "Stuck in Traffic, Modern-Day Slavery in Michigan"
- Step 2: Complete the post-test and evaluation quiz
- Step 3: Pay for the course. The cost for 1 Continuing Education Clock Hour (CE) is $20 and payment can be submitted via our online store (via your computer, not phone). Once completed you will receive your online CE certificate in 10-14 business days.