Accounting Networking Reception
This event is in the past.
Detroit, MI 48201
The Accounting Networking Reception gives students interested in pursuing a career in public accounting to engage with employers. All business students are welcomed to attend; however, employers are expecting to meet with mostly Freshman and Sophomore level students interested in public accounting. It’s expected undergraduate and graduate students from the following degree programs to attend this event:
· Bachelor of Arts/Science in Accounting
· Bachelor of Arts/Science in Finance
· Bachelor of Arts/Science in Information Systems Management
This is a great opportunity for students to introduce themselves professionally and learn more about the accounting field. To have a successful networking experience, students should PREPARE, PREPARE, PREPARE and FOLLOW UP with employers. Below are some helpful tips for a successful experience:
- Do your homework! Research the list of expected employers through Handshake
- Have your resume reviewed by Career Planning and Placement
- Prepare and Practice your Elevator Pitch (30 second introduction to employers)
- Make sure to have professional business attire, pad folio, and several copies of your resume. Need help? Contact CPP for assistance.
- Attend Company Presentations, Meet & Greets, and Schedule a Mock Interview
- Send a thank you email or note within 48 hours to the recruiters from the reception
- HAVE FUN!