Systemic racism in medicine, in the city of Detroit, the raw truth
This event is in the past.
RSVP is closed.
Lecture about historical pinnings of racism in Detroit.
Welcome, Dr. Joseph Dunbar
Introduction Jason Brooks Ph.D.
Concept by Donovan Roy Ed.D
Moderator Radio Talk Show Host Dr. Mary Lee Ph.D. (cd)
1. Dr. James Brown- History of Medicine
2. Dr. Samuel Johnson - the Flexner Attack
3. Dr. Anita Moncrease - history of Black Medical Schools in the US
4. Dr. Larry Lackey - historical formation of the Detroit Medical Center
5. Dr. Mark Schweitzer - Racism in medical schools, residency, and fellowship
6. Dr. Curtis Longs - Systemic Racism in Mental Health
7. Dr. Lonnie Joe - Systemic Racism in Medical Politics
Time: 6 pm - 8:30 pm Thursday 6/16/22 Virtual