Second Annual Distinguished Lecture in Urban Education: The Role of Philanthropy in Urban Education Reform
This event is in the past.
Philanthropy, Equity, and Education Research
Na'ilah Suad Nasir
President of the Spencer Foundation
In this talk, Dr. Nasir examines key issues in education, equity and education research. Join us to learn from this nationally renowned and award-winning researcher. Engage in dialogue with a panel of prominent leaders representing P-12 and higher education, government, corporate, and philanthropic sectors.
- Pamela Alexander, director of community development, Ford Motor Company Fund
- Wanda Cook-Robinson, superintendent, Oakland Schools
- Nate McCaughtry, professor and assistant dean, Division of Kinesiology, Health and Sport Studies, Wayne State University College of Education
- Punita Dani Thurman, vice president of program and strategy, The Skillman Foundation
- Anita Welch, dean, Wayne State University College of Education
- Keith E. Whitfield, provost and senior vice president for academic affairs, Wayne State University
- Roland Sintos Coloma, assistant dean, Division of Teacher Education, Wayne State University College of Education
- Wayne State University College of Education
- Kaplan Center for Research on Urban Education
- Metropolitan Detroit Bureau of School Studies, Inc.
- June G. Yackness and Irvin H. Yackness Endowed Lectureship Series