Biosafety / Bloodborne Pathogens Training for Laboratory Workers
This event is in the past.
Detroit, MI 48202
This training is required annually for all employees who work with materials that are handled at Biosafety Level 2 (BSL2), including work with human blood, body fluids, tissue, cell lines, animals infected with human pathogens, mammalian viruses, etc. Employees who have taken this class at least once at WSU may take the annual refresher on-line. Topics covered include:
- Explanation of Biosafety Principles and Levels from CDC/NIH
- Contents of the WSU Biosafety Manual& Exposure Control Plan
- Explanation of bloodborne infectious diseases
- Procedures to follow in an exposure incident
- Safe work practices
- Personal protective equipment
- Use of biological safety cabinets and other safety equipment
- Biohazard waste disposal rules, and much more.
For a copy of the presentation, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.