1st Annual Student Athlete Healthcare Career and Health Disparity Research Conference
This event is in the past.
The Wayne State University School of Medicine Virtual High School and College Student-Athlete Pre-Healthcare Conference provides high school and college student-athletes a unique opportunity to explore various health professional careers. Attendees will meet and speak with multiple health professionals, health profession advisors, and former student-athletes enrolled in medical or a healthcare professional school. This conference provides an opportunity to learn from many health professionals through multiple interactive workshops and networking opportunities.
By attending the Wayne State University School of Medicine Virtual High School and College Student-Athlete Pre-Healthcare Career Conference, attendees will better understand:
- The assortment of career pathways available in medicine and healthcare
- Being a student-athlete has prepared you to be a competitive candidate for medical school and healthcare professional schools.
- Learn why student-athletes make the good medical practitioner
- The different social capital programs that exist to help them transition from athletic into the medical field
- Opportunities to gain research experience in the area of Social Determinants of Health
- Summer and off-season opportunities for resume building activities