Career Paths for Lecturers (Webinar)
This event is in the past.
RSVP is closed.
In this webinar, a panel of Lecturers, Sr. Lecturers, and former Lecturers will discuss the opportunities and the challenges of the Lecturer career path. Lecturers' primary responsibilities are to teach and provide service to the department, college, and university. But as higher-ed teachers, Lecturers are also scholars in their own fields. This workshop aims to support Lecturers in developing goals and balancing the workload across their various professional commitments (e.g., teaching, research, writing, creative activity, administration, community engagement). Speakers in this panel will draw from both personal experiences and best practices in peer mentoring to help attendees identify opportunities and set goals for personal and professional growth in their role as Lecturers and Senior Lecturers, reflect on those goals, and identify potential mentoring relationships that can support progress towards those goals. Discussion will also include the challenges faced by lecturers during the Covid-19 crisis. Dean Steffi Hartwell will join the panel for discussion. Come for all or part of this seminar. This session is co-sponsored with the WSU AAUP/AFT Lecturers Steering Committee.
By attending this session, you will be able to:
- Identify the career paths available to Lecturers at Wayne State.
- Identify the qualifications required for promotion to Sr. Lecturer and for appointment to other positions of interest.
- Create a plan for investigating your career options at Wayne State and beyond.
- Network with other Lecturers to create a community of peer mentorship.
- Jeff Horner, Senior Lecturer, Urban Studies and Planning
- Adrienne Jankens, Assistant Professor, English
- Luisa Quintero, Senior Lecturer, Classical and Modern Languages. Literatures, and Cultures
- Clayton Walker, Senior Lecturer, English
People who RSVP will be sent a link to join the session.