Pre-Med Essentials Session
This event is in the past.
Essentials Sessions are designed for undergraduate and post-bachelor students pursuing pre-medical preparation at Wayne State University. Held throughout the Fall, Winter and Spring/Summer semesters, these sessions are geared towards familiarizing students with the following:
- Required and recommended prerequisite coursework
- Major and minor selection
- Extra-curricular activities and health care experiences
- Professional exploration
- Application timeline and the gap year
- Helpful websites
- WSU pre-med and pre-dental student organizations
- WSU PMHSC workshops
- Access to the WSU PMHSC listserv and social media platforms
Essentials sessions are being held either in person or on Zoom during the Fall 2022 semester. A reminder email with the Zoom meeting information will be sent 24-48 hours before the meeting date to those who sign up for a virtual session.