Financial Aid Night
This event is in the past.
Detroit, MI 48202
RSVP is closed.
TRIO Educational Opportunity Center (TRIO EOC) and Black Student Union (BSU) professional staff and student volunteers are very excited about hosting the financial aid initiative, Financial Aid Night.
Financial Aid Night will be held from 5:30 p.m.-9:00 p.m. every Wednesday in October 2019. Professional(s) from the TRIO Educational Opportunity Center (TRIO EOC) will be on hand to help students and their families complete the 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- October 2: we will be at 5700 Cass Avenue, Room 2627 in the Academic Administration Building.
- October 9, 16, 23 and 30: we will be at the David Adamany Undergraduate Library (UGL) (5155 Gullen Mall-Lab C) Detroit, MI 48202.
Students 23 years of age or younger should attend with parent(s) and must bring the following information:
- Your and parent FSA ID (or you may need to create one)
- Your Social Security Number
- Your parent’s Social Security Number (if you are 23 or younger and a dependent)
- Your driver’s license (if any)
- Your and parent’s W-2 forms or other records of money earned
- Your and parent’s 2018 Federal Income Tax Return
- Your spouse’s 2018 Income Tax Return (if married)
- Your and parent’s 2018 untaxed income records – Social Security, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families, welfare, or veterans benefits records (if any)
- Your and parent’s 2018 bank statements
- Your and parent’s 2018 business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond, and other investment records
- Your alien registration card (if you are not a U.S. Citizen)
Please RSVP for the date and time that you expect to attend. Try to arrive at least 15 minutes before your appointment to sign in and register with the TRIO EOC* program.
When you RSVP in advance, you will receive a FREE PARKING PASS.
*The TRiO Educational Opportunity Center is a federally funded program through the U.S. Department of Education housed at Wayne State University. The goal of our program is to assist high school seniors and adults, 19 and older in completing their admissions and financial aid applications for postsecondary education who resides in Wayne County.